These are notes Carrie LeBlanc took at church. Researched on:www.biblegateway.com, New International Version.
16. What was the result of man disobeying God? (Genesis 2:17)
But you must not eat from the tree of the “knowledge of good and evil,” for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”
17. Is this problem still with us? (Romans 5:12)
DEATH THROUGH ADAM,
FAITH THROUGH CHRIST
Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned.
18. What is physical death? (Genesis 3:19)
By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will
19. What is spiritual death? (Matthew 25:41)
“Then He will say to those on His left, “Depart from me,
you who are cursed,
into the eternal fire
prepared for the devil and his angels.”
20. What is eternal death? (Revelation 20:11)
THE JUDGEMENT OF THE DEAD
Then I saw a great white throne and Him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from His presence,
and there was no place for them.
21. After man sinned, what did God do? (Genesis 3:24)
After He drove the man out,
He placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden
cherubim with a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.
22. If God is a GOD of love, why doesn’t He overlook man’s failure?
In hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time.
Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the bowl and cup, but inside they are full of greed and self indulgence.
I will bow down toward
your holy temple
and will praise your
for your unfailing love
and your faithfulness,
for you have so exalted
your solemn decree
that it surpasses your fame.
23. What was woman’s punishment? (Genesis 3:16)
To the woman He said,
I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor
you will give birth to children,
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule
24. How are women justified? (1 Timothy 2:15)
But women will be saved through childbearing-if they
Continue in faith, love, and holiness with propriety.
25. How about man’s punishment? (Genesis 3:19)
By the sweat off your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were
since dust you are
and to dust you will return.
26. How does man deal with his punishment? (2 Thessalonians 3:10)
For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule, “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”
27. If a man does not provide for his family, what is he? (1 Timothy 5:8)
Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
28. How was Satan cursed by God? (Genesis 3:14)
So the Lord God said to the serpent,”
Because you have done this,
“Cursed are you above all livestock,
and all wild animals.
you will crawl on your belly,
and you will eat dust,
all the rest of your life.”
29. When Adam and Eve’s eyes open to their sin and they saw their wickedness, what did God do? (Genesis 3:21)
The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife
and clothed them.
30. What is the solution to man’s fall? (Leviticus 17:11)
For the life of a creature is
in the blood,
a I have given it to you
to make atonement for
yourselves on the altar;
It is the blood that makes atonement for one’s life.
31. Why? (Genesis 10:10)
And where these have been forgiven,
sacrifices are no longer necessary.
32. What is God’s requirement in regards to forgiveness? (Hebrews 9:22)
In fact the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood,
and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.
We will be working on a different subject of sermon notes next time.