Growing in grace and knowledge
(Some notes from church) -Researched on Biblegateway.com with the New International Version.
1. What is the consistent title with those who experience the fullness of the Holy Spirit?
I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
I baptize you with water, but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.
For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.
2. How did John the Baptist describe the manifestation of the Holy Spirit?
John answered them all, “I baptize you with water. But one who is more powerful than I will come, one whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
3. How was the Spirit manifested when Jesus was baptized? (Matthew 3:16)
As soon as Jesus was baptized, He went up out of the water. At that moment Heaven was opened, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on Him.
4. Why did a dove and not fire appear at the Spirit Baptism of Jesus? (Hebrews 4:15)
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, as we are – yet He did not sin.
5. What experience must you have before you can receive baptism of the Holy Spirit? (Acts 2:38)
Peter replied, ” repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
6. How do you know that the baptism in the Holy Spirit is a separate experience from salvation? (Acts 8:14-16)
14. When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had accepted the word of God, they sent Peter and John to Samaria. 15. When they arrived, they prayed for the new believers there that they might receive the Holy Spirit. 16. because the Holy Spirit had not yet come upon any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
7. How can a Christian know the Holy Spirit? (John 14:17)
the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept Him, because it neither see’s Him or knows Him.
8. Does a believer have to be spiritually mature to receive the baptism? (Acts 8:17)
Then Peter and John placed their hand’s on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.
9. How intense does God feel about giving you the Holy Spirit? (Luke 11:13)
If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!
10. Is the experience in the Holy Spirit a promise, a gift, or a command?
* Ephesians 5:18
Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit.
* Acts 1:4
On one occasion, while He was eating with them, He gave them this command. Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised. Which you have heard me speak about.
* Acts 2:38
Peter replied, “repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
11. Is the experience of the baptism in the Holy Spirit for people of today? (Acts 2:39)
The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off – for all whom the Lord our God will call.
12. What is the initial evidence that you have been filled with the Holy Spirit? (Acts 2:4)
All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.
13. What do you receive when the Holy Spirit is come upon you? (Acts 1:8)
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.
14. When He comes into the believer what will He do?
* John 7:38
Whoever believes in Me, as scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.
THE WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
* John 15:26
When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father – the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father – He will testify about Me.
* John 16:14
He will glorify Me because it is from Me that He will receive what He will make known to you.
15. What will the Holy Spirit help you do?
* (1 Corinthians 2, 4)
2. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
4. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive word’s, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power,
* (Acts 6:8, 10)
8. Now Stephen, a man full of God’s grace and power, performed great wonders and signs among the people.
10. But they could not stand up against the wisdom the Spirit gave him as he spoke.
But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and remind you of everything I have said to you.
But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth.
16. Why was it necessary for Jesus to leave this earth?
But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.
17. Because Jesus regarded the baptism as important, what did He do?
* John 14:16
And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate to help you and be with you forever.
* Luke 24:49
I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.
* Acts 1:4
On one occasion, while He was eating with them, He gave them this command: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about.
18. How else does the Holy Spirit’s baptism help?
* Ephesians 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
* 2 Corinthians 10:3-5
3. For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5. We demolish arguments and every pretention that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
* (1 John 4:4)
You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.
Note’s Carrie LeBlanc took at church. Researched on http://www.Biblegateway.com, New International Version