Five Great Salad’s To Have During Fall
Hi. These are some really great salad’s to have during the fall holiday.
1. Try making your favorite summer salads using winter produce. Instead of your normal summer pasta salad, try making it with different ingredients. Begin with whole grain tortellini, or ravioli cook it as the package instructs. You can add kale or swiss chard. I prefer to cut up an onion and a clove of garlic. You can cut up 2 if you really like a lot of garlic. Sauté them in olive oil until golden and soft. Put in 3 to 4 cups of greens. Make sure they are washed, the stalks are cut off, and they are cut into ribbon slices. Cook it until the greens are wilted. Mix the cooked vegetables with the pasta, and add shredded Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
2. Here is a recipe for winter Panzanelia. It is a salad of roasted butternut squash and whole wheat raisin bread. Add a bed of spinach, apple cider dressing, and olive oil.
3. Now for the traditional Caesar salad. Start with a head of Romaine lettuce, add a handful of radicchio, and some peppery baby arugela. Throw on a splash of olive oil, lemon juice, and lot’s of cracked pepper. Put some shredded Parmesan cheese on top. If you want a French taste, you can add some endive, sliced apples, and walnuts.
4. Wanting something with grain’s? Try cooking faro. Add some wheat berries and quinoa.
5. Here is a great wheat berry salad recipe. Start with putting frozen sweet corn and cherry tomatoes, which are great for fall. Add faro, (or wheat berries and barley). Add with roasted butternut squash, toasted walnuts, and some balsamic vinaigrette.
6. Try having a wilted spinach salad. Add bacon, a hard boiled egg, and pour some sweet and sour sauce on top.
7. Holiday leftovers can make for great salad making’s. For a weeknight dinner make a bowl of fresh lettuce, chopped vegetables like cucumber, tomatoes, and red bell pepper. And add a few slice’s of grilled steak. Or for something different you can take sautéed green beans or carrots, roasted potatoes, roast beef, or turkey can also make for a great salad.
There are idea’s for salad’s you can have year round.
Researched on Health.com