Taken from the ESV Bible
1. Now the serpent was more crafty than any other beast of the field that the Lord God had made.
He said to the woman, “Did God actually say, ‘You shall not eat of any tree in the garden?” 2. And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat of the fruit of the trees in the garden, 3. but God said, ‘You shall eat of the fruit of the tree that is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.”‘ 4. But the serpent said to the woman, ” You will not surely die. 5. For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
6. So when the woman saw that it was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of it’s fruit and ate, and she also gave some to her husband, and he ate. 7. Then the eyes of both were opened, and they knew that they were naked. And they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loincloths.
8. And they heard the sound of God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord. 9. But the Lord God called to the man and said to him, “Where are you?” 10. And he said, “I heard the sound of You in the garden, and I hid, and I was afraid, because I was naked, I hid myself.” 11. He said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree which I commanded you not to eat?” The man said, “The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me fruit of the tree, and I ate.” 13. Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this that you have done?” The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”
14. The Lord God said to the serpent,
“Because you have done this
cursed are you above all livestock
and above all the beast of the field;
on your belly you shall go,
and dust you shall eat all the days of your life.
15. I will put enmity between you and the woman,
and between her offspring and your offspring;
he shall bruise your head,
and you shall bruise his heel.”
16. To the woman He said,
“I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing;
in pain you shall bring forth children.
Your desire shall be for your husband and he shall rule over you.”
17. And to Adam He said,
“Because you have listened to the voice of your wife
and have eaten of the tree
of which I commanded you,
‘you shall not eat of it,’
cursed is the ground because of you;
in pain you shall eat of it all the days of your life;
thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you;
and you shall eat the plants of the field.
By the sweat of your face you shall eat bread,
till you return to the ground,
for out of it you were taken;
for you are dust,
and to dust you shall return.
We will go over part 2 tomorrow. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.